Dachshund was poisoned by raisins, which were added to WikiPet.ru pie
Lucy Coffey, the owner of the miniature dachshund Beatrice, recently had to face an unexpected and dangerous situation for her pet's health and rush to the veterinarian. Beatrice ate a raisin pie.
Lucy cooked dinner in the kitchen, while Beatrice lay calmly on the sofa in the living room. When the mistress came into the room, she noticed a foil next to the dachshund, in which there once was a pie, and Beatrice herself looked strangely sleepy.
It turned out that Lucy's nine-year-old daughter had left the half-eaten pie on the table, and Beatrice, like a real dachshund, took advantage of the situation very quickly. Fortunately for the dog, the hostess quickly realized that the dog was not feeling well and went to the vet.
Grapes, raisins, currants and some other berries are dangerous for dogs, and dried fruits can even cause kidney failure, which leads to death.
Veterinarians and Lucy herself brought this situation to the attention of the public in order to once again warn of the dangers in some products. Fortunately, poisoning noticed on time can often be treated in a veterinarian and, like Lucy and Beatrice, get off with a slight fright.
This incident once again shows us that we must be careful and understand that dogs cannot be fed from the table and know about dangerous and forbidden foods for our beloved pets.
Translated for WikiPet
If you have a life story with a pet,send them to us and become the author of WikiPet!