10 amazing facts about cats. What did we not know about the "domestic tigers"?
We are used to perceive cats as ordinary animals. But how much do we know about them? We bring to your attention 10 amazing facts about cats!
- If you make the calculations, it turns out that a 3-year-old cat is active for only 1 year of his life!
- Cats are not sweet tooth, they have no craving for sweets. It is generally accepted that this is due to a mutation in the taste buds.
- One of the oldest cats was found on the island of Cyprus in a grave that is 9.5 thousand years old.
- Jewish legend says: Noah prayed to God to protect supplies, but the ark from rats. In response to his prayers, God told the lion to sneeze, and a cat jumped out of it.
- The cat rubs against your legs, but you should be aware that these actions are caused not only by the need for affection, but also by the fact that many glands are located around the muzzle of cats. Thus, she marks you.
- About 30 million years ago, the progenitors of modern cats “Proailurus” lived (Greek - the first cat). Cats, closer to modern, appeared 12 million years ago.
- $ 50 thousand is the price of the most expensive cat. This cat cost the owners a tidy amount, because is a clone of his previous cat.
- Unlike humans, cats have 32 muscles that are responsible for ear mobility. A person has only 6 of these muscles.