Dalmatian training and education
Education and training of the Dalmatian begins from the day the puppy appears in your house.
Dalmatian training is based on principles that are worth considering.
In the photo: Dalmatian. Photo: wikipet
Dalmatian Training Principles
- Do not let the dalmatian puppy do not let the adult dog.
- Consistency is the most important thing. All family members must adhere to a common view on the education and training of the Dalmatian and consistently implement them. If you forbid what others allow (and vice versa), it will be extremely difficult to achieve success in raising and training a puppy.
- Encourage all the right actions of the Dalmatian. Choose the promotion that will please your pet at the moment. It can be a game, a treat, a stroking.
- Avoid being rude in training a Dalmatian. This is a sensitive dog, and if you handle it too harshly, it will close and lose respect for you.
- Do not expect miracles in training the Dalmatian. The puppy will not understand the command the first time. Be patient.
- Teams in Dalmatian training are always the same.
- Dalmatian puppy is trained exclusively in the game.
What can you teach a Dalmatian?
The Dalmatian can successfully compete in agility, obedience (OKD, Obedience, etc.), and track work. They also "work" as dog therapists and rescuers. Moreover, they are not bad watchmen.
If you are planning a career in agility, you should start classes when the Dalmatian puppy turns 6 months old.
However, first of all - basic training.The main commands necessary for the safety of the dog and a comfortable life with her are “To Me”, “Nearby”, “Sit”, “Stand”, “Lie”, “Fu” and “It is impossible”.
You can teach them a Dalmatian yourself or use the services of a professional instructor.